T H E C A L A M I T Y K I D

'You only work in a shop you know. You can drop the attitude." EDINA MONSOON

Monday 14 November 2011

PLACES: GRAYSON PERRY LATE AT THE BRITISH MUSEUM

The British Museum threw a late night spectacular celebrating the craftsman to coincide alongside the current Grayson Perry exhibition 'Grayson Perry: The Tomb of the Unknown Craftsmen.' A night of pom-pom making and lots of other artsy, crafty activities which was attended by some incredibly well dressed folks, including my dear friend Stella. Three outfits by St Marten's graduates caught my eye...








Anna Bel Luton was inspired by 'femme fatales' throughout history. Her smoking hot model definitely has the potential to fall into this category. I was a huge fan of the banana yellow sheer shirt with over-sized pockets and leather piping. Not to mention the beautiful ochre velvet skirt (of sorts). An interesting colour combination which shouldn't work but most definitely does.





Unfortunately my photos do not do justice to James Nolan's use of crisp minimalist lines and pleats in this awesomely dour outfit. Based on  L.S. Lowry's  'The Funeral Party,' Nolan has taken the naive silhouettes of the painting and transformed them into a working garment.  I WANT THIS OUTFIT IN MY WARDROBE.





Jake Wiseman used African tribe, the Shangaan, and their dancers colourful costumes as basis for this outfit . I love the heavy, intricate pleats and the jingle jangle (technical term) quality of the cuffs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment