T H E C A L A M I T Y K I D

'You only work in a shop you know. You can drop the attitude." EDINA MONSOON

Saturday 3 December 2011

STREETSTYLE: STELLA'S WARDROBE

I went to the Mother of Pearl sample sale with super stylish Stella, looking fabulously feathered. I am very much a fan of her drama filled dressing, and this feather and leather combo did not disappoint. The Mother of Pearl sample sale was compact but worth a gander. I was a particular fan of their gorgeous silk pieces with Japanese influenced knots and drapes, and I'm only slightly regretting not buying a black, boxy, wool jumper with unusual goat fur textured knots strung along the sleeves. Gothaliscious. Stella was a fan of their printed silks but more on that later. 

With each collection inspired by different artists, it meant there was an eclectic and diverse mix of shapes, colour and materials which meant there was no real continuity or sense of individual brand style coming through which was both refreshing and frustrating. However, having taken a peek at their website I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this brand, for something a little different.











2 comments:

  1. I'm becoming obsessed with this girl every time you post about her. her looks are SO well put together, this one to me is like a vintage jumble with a Lanvin aesthetic from a few seasons back, 1940s feminine and waist-conscious but with heavy shoulder draping and dense, embellished, unapologetic fabric choices. http://shinemag.com/2009/07/17/the-allure-of-lanvin/

    ReplyDelete
  2. WELL YES! Just you wait for the outfit she's wearing for my birthday dinner this Saturday... You should check out her blog http://stellaswardrobe.blogspot.com/ its just outfit after outfit, and you see a real sense of progression in her style. What's amazing about Stella is she seriously does dress like this EVERYDAY! I've met her from all day lectures wearing to the floor cream silk gowns. X

    ReplyDelete