T H E C A L A M I T Y K I D

'You only work in a shop you know. You can drop the attitude." EDINA MONSOON

Monday 24 October 2011

STREETSTYLE: SPARKLY SOCKS

I've gone a bit crazy over socks recently... a kooky print, or bright block colour, I love them peeping out from short trousers and brogues, or slouchy ones with some awe-inspiring heels. I recently bought 3 pairs of the same pair with (personal idol of mine) Frida Kahlo's face on them. These are currently sat at the post office waiting for me to pick them.  I also bought some fringed beauties which really do look  rather mental, but what I N E E D in my life are some sparkly, silver lurex ankle socks. The sort I wore when I was 5.

I met 2 girls at the weekend who both had killer androg inspired outfits. Loving the use of colour,  metallics, and the disparity of their playful print shirts against the modern crisp cut of their jackets. I am totally digging the current reworking of the rockerbilly teddy boy which I'm seeing on lots of girls everywhere, but I feel these two have cracked it in terms of making it look fun and slightly garish. Two massive wins in my book.








No comments:

Post a Comment